Bus Route Diversions
Gillygate will be closed from Sun 19th September until Sat 2nd October during emergency traffic signal upgrade works. Buses will divert as follows:
- Services 1, 5 and 5A will divert via Rougier St, Stonebow and Lord Mayor's Walk in both directions. Exhibition Square Interchange and Gillygate will not be served. Buses will call at Rougier St and Stonebow.
- Service 6 will divert via Bootham and Burton Stone Lane in both directions.
York Hospital, Clarence St and Gillygate will not be served. Buses will call at all stops on Burton Stone Lane.
- Service 40 will divert via Bootham, Burton Stone Lane and Crichton Avenue in both directions. York Hospital, Clarence St and Gillygate will not be served.
- CitySightseeing and Golden Tours will divert via Bootham, Burton Stone Lane, Crichton Avenue, Wigginton Rd and Clarence St. Gillygate will not be served.
Bootham will be closed each evening between 1900 and 2300 from Mon 4th until Thu 7th October during emergency traffic signal upgrade works. Buses will divert as follows:
- Service 2/2A (Rawcliffe Bar P&R) will terminate at Station Avenue. Museum St and Bootham Ingram House will not be served.
We apologise for any inconvenience.
For more information on bus route diversions and cancellations, please see:
- Our @York_Travel twitter feed;
- Real-time bus information screens at city centre stops (and other key locations);
- Posters at bus stops and on buses;
- Bus company websites and Twitter feeds (see below);
|East Yorkshire Motor Services||Service Information||@EYBuses|
|First||News and service updates||@FirstYork|
See which roads and bus routes are likely to be affected by flooding.