Bus route diversions
Bishopthorpe Road will be closed at the junction with Scarcroft Road during overnight resurfacing works between 19:00-05:00 from Monday 30th September until Friday 4th October. Service 11 will divert via Blossom Street, The Mount and Knavesmire Rd each evening.
James Street will be closed at the junction with Alexandra Court during overnight resurfacing works between 19:30-05:00 from Monday 30th September until Friday 4th October. Service 8 will divert via Foss Islands Rd after 19:30.
Towthorpe Rd, Haxby will be closed from Monday 7th until Friday 11th October during resurfacing work. Services 13 and 14 will divert via Calf Close and York Road, not serving West Nooks.
Burton Stone Lane will be closed between Crichton Avenue and Rowntree Avenue from Monday 14th October until Friday 8th November. Service 6 will divert along Crichton Avenue, not serving Burton Stone Lane or Burton Green.
Coppergate will be closed to all eastbound traffic (except cycles) during building repair works from Sunday 1st September until Sunday 24th November. Buses heading towards Stonebow and Piccadilly will divert as follows:
- Services 10 (to Stamford Bridge) and 45/46/X46/X47 (to Pocklington/Hull) will divert via Clifford St, Tower St and Piccadilly. These services will stop at Piccadilly PD instead of Piccadilly PA.
- Services 16 (to Piccadilly), 21 (to Piccadilly) will divert via Clifford St, Tower St, Piccadilly, stopping at Piccadilly PF.
- Service 26 (to Fulford) will divert via Clifford St, Tower St and Piccadilly. This service will stop at Piccadilly PD then turn via Merchantgate, Walmgate, St Denys’ Rd.
- Services 6 (to University), 9 (to Monks Cross), 11 (to Ashley Park), 12 (to Monks Cross), 13 (to Haxby), 14 (to Haxby), 36/X36 (to Sutton-on-Derwent), 747 (to Pocklington), Coastliner (to Malton and the east coast), Castle Line (to Castle Howard) will all divert via Clifford St, Tower St and Piccadilly. There will be no changes to stops on these services.
Delays are expected at peak times, please allow extra time for your journey. Buses using Coppergate in the westbound direction (from Piccadilly/Stonebow to Clifford Street/Ouse Bridge) will remain on their normal routes.
For more information on bus route diversions and cancellations, please see:
- Our York Travel twitter feed, which appears on this page;
- YorkLive.info, which shows a map of current roadworks;
- Real-time bus information screens at city centre stops (and other key locations);
- Posters at bus stops and on buses;
- Bus company websites and Twitter feeds (see below);
|East Yorkshire Motor Services||Service Information||@EYBuses|
|First||News and service updates||@FirstYork|