Bus route diversions
Traffic signals and pedestrian crossing works will be ongoing at Walmgate Bar junction between 6th Jan and 20th Feb. No further bus diversions will be necessary, however please allow extra time for your journey as delays are expected to all bus services which use this junction.
Stonebow will be closed to all traffic from Mon 18th Feb until late March during road reconstruction works. During this time, all bus routes normally serving Stonebow will be diverted as follows:
- Services 6, 11, 12, 13 and 14 will divert via James St, Lawrence St, Paragon St, Fishergate and Clifford Street. Stops at Stonebow, Peasholme Green and Layerthorpe will not be served. The nearest alternative stops to Stonebow will be at Clifford Street (stop TC for 6 towards Clifton Moor and 11 towards Bishopthorpe; stop TD for 12 towards Foxwood, 13/14 towards Haxby; stop TG for all services in the other direction)
- Service 8 (Grimston Bar P&R) will divert via Lawrence St, Walmgate and St Denys' Rd, setting down and boarding at Piccadilly PD (outside former Banana Warehouse). Piccadilly PB will not be served.
- Service 9 (Monks Cross P&R) will divert via James St, Lawrence St, Paragon St, Fishergate and Clifford Street. Stops at Stonebow and Peasholme Green will not be served. The nearest alternative stops to Stonebow will be at Clifford Street TG (boarding) / TC (setting down).
- Service 21 will terminate at Piccadilly. Stops at Stonebow, Peasholme Green and Foss Islands Morrisons will not be served. The nearest alternative stop to Stonebow will be at Piccadilly PE.
- Service 25 towards Derwenthorpe will divert via Coppergate, Clifford St, Tower St, Paragon St and Foss Islands Rd. Stonebow will not be served.
- Service 25 towards Fulford will divert via Layerthorpe, Foss Islands Rd, James St, Lawrence St, Walmgate and St Denys' Rd, stopping on the opposite side of Piccadilly (stop PE). Stonebow will not be served and buses in both directions will stop on the same (outbound) side at Foss Islands Morrisons.
- Service 181 will divert via Piccadilly and Foss Islands Road. Stops at Stonebow and Peasholme Green will not be served.
- Coastliner services (840, 843) will divert via Foss Islands Rd, Paragon St, Fishergate and Clifford St. Stops at Stonebow and Peasholme Green will not be served. The nearest alternative stops to Stonebow will be at Clifford Street (stop TB towards Leeds, stop TG towards Malton and east coast).
- CitySightseeing will divert via Foss Islands Rd and Navigation Rd. Stops at Stonebow and Peasholme Green will not be served.
- Cityzap will follow the daytime route for the duration of service, with all buses terminating at Clifford St TB. Stonebow will not be served.
All services diverting along James Street will call at the current Park & Ride stop or the temporary stop opposite it, close to the First York depot.
Services not shown in the list above will run to their normal route, however please expect delays to all services and allow additional time for your journey.
Bus stop locations are shown on the map below (click the map to enlarge).
Holly Bank Road will be closed from Monday 25th February for up to 8 weeks during carriageway reconstruction. Service 16 will divert along Hamilton Drive, not serving Holly Bank Road, Hob Moor Drive or Collingwood Avenue.
For more information on bus route diversions and cancellations, please see:
- Our York Travel twitter feed, which appears on this page;
- YorkLive.info, which shows a map of current roadworks;
- Real-time bus information screens at city centre stops (and other key locations);
- Posters at bus stops and on buses;
- Bus company websites and Twitter feeds (see below);
|East Yorkshire Motor Services||Service Information||@EYBuses|
|First||News and service updates||@FirstYork|