Bus route diversions
Rougier Street stops CA-CC will be closed from Monday 14th August for seven weeks during scaffolding removal and footway repair works. During this time, the nearest alternative stops will be:
- Rail Station RF-RJ for services 13 (to Copmanthorpe), 16 (to Acomb), 21 (to Colton), 24 (to Acomb), 26 (to South Bank), 37 (to Tadcaster), 66 (to Nunnery Lane), 840, 843 and 845 (to Leeds), Cityzap (to Leeds);
- Temporary stop Micklegate CL for services 3 (to Askham Bar Park & Ride) and 7 (to Designer Outlet Park & Ride);
- Station Avenue RM for services 6 (to Clifton Moor) and 181 (to Sheriff Hutton/ Castle Howard);
- Station Road CD-CE for services 10 (to Poppleton), 11 (to Bishopthorpe), 12, 14 and 500 (to Foxwood).
Stops for services heading towards Stonebow and Piccadilly will not be affected by these works. All other stops will remain open as normal.
Count de Burgh Terrace will be closed between 09:15 and 17:00 from Wednesday 16th August until Wednesday 22nd August. On weekdays during this period, services 21 and 26 will divert via Campleshon Rd in both directions, not serving Balmoral Terrace or Queen Victoria Street.
Byland Avenue will be closed between 09:15 and 17:00 from Thursday 17th August until Tuesday 22nd August. On weekdays during this period, service 12 will divert via New Lane and Huntington Road, not serving the southern part of New Lane, Malton Rd, Elmfield Avenue, or Monkton Road.
Stonebow stops SA, SB and SC are closed until the end of 2017 due to major refurbishment works at Stonebow House.
Monks Cross Park & Ride (service 9) will stop on Pavement, outside M&S.
All other services will use the temporary stop closer to the Peasholme Green end of Stonebow, between the junctions with Garden Place and Hungate.
For more information on bus route diversions and cancellations, please see:
- Our York Travel twitter feed, which appears on this page;
- YorkLive.info, which shows a map of current roadworks;
- Real-time bus information screens at city centre stops (and other key locations);
- Posters at bus stops and on buses;
- Bus company websites and Twitter feeds (see below);
|East Yorkshire Motor Services||Service Information||@EYBuses|
|First||News and service updates||@FirstYork|
|Reliance||Reliance Live||RelianceBuses (Facebook)|
|Stephenson's of Easingwold||Latest News||@stephensonbus|