Bus route diversions
Gillygate will be closed between Mon 24th April and Friday 5th May due to sewer repair works.
- Services 1, 5 and 5A will divert via the city centre and Lord Mayor's Walk, not serving Exhibition Square Interchange.
- Services 6 and 40 will divert via Bootham and Burton Stone Lane, not serving York Hospital.
- Service 56 will terminate at Station Road, returning via Rougier Street and Stonebow, not serving Exhibition Square Interchange.
- City Sightseeing will divert via Bootham and Burton Stone Lane.
Stonebow stops SA, SB and SC are closed until the end of 2017 due to major refurbishment works at Stonebow House.
Monks Cross Park & Ride (service 9) will stop on Pavement, outside M&S.
All other services will use the temporary stop closer to the Peasholme Green end of Stonebow, between the junctions with Garden Place and Hungate.
Fifth Avenue is closed from Monday 20th February for 4 weeks during highway reconstruction works. Following this, Fourth Avenue will be closed for up to 8 further weeks. Services 6, 25 and 56 will divert via East Parade and Melrosegate.
For information on bus route diversions and cancellations, please see:
- Our York Travel twitter feed, which appears on this page;
- YorkLive.info, which shows a map of current roadworks;
- Real-time bus information screens at city centre stops (and other key locations);
- Posters at bus stops and on buses;
- Bus company websites and Twitter feeds (see below);
|East Yorkshire Motor Services||Service Information||@EYBuses|
|First||News and service updates||@FirstYork|
|Reliance||Reliance Live||RelianceBuses (Facebook)|
|Stephenson's of Easingwold||Latest News||@stephensonbus|