Bus route diversions
Coppergate will be closed to all eastbound traffic (except cycles) during building repair works from Sunday 1st September for up to 8 weeks. Buses heading towards Stonebow and Piccadilly will divert as follows:
- Services 10 (to Stamford Bridge) and 45/46/X46/X47 (to Pocklington/Hull) will divert via Clifford St, Tower St and Piccadilly. These services will stop at Piccadilly PD instead of Piccadilly PA.
- Services 16 (to Piccadilly), 21 (to Piccadilly) will divert via Clifford St, Tower St, Piccadilly, stopping at Piccadilly PF.
- Service 26 (to Fulford) will divert via Clifford St, Tower St and Piccadilly. This service will stop at Piccadilly PD then turn via Merchantgate, Walmgate, St Denys’ Rd.
- Services 6 (to University), 9 (to Monks Cross), 11 (to Ashley Park), 12 (to Monks Cross), 13 (to Haxby), 14 (to Haxby), 36/X36 (to Sutton-on-Derwent), 747 (to Pocklington), Coastliner (to Malton and the east coast), Castle Line (to Castle Howard) will all divert via Clifford St, Tower St and Piccadilly. There will be no changes to stops on these services.
Delays are expected at peak times, please allow extra time for your journey. Buses using Coppergate in the westbound direction (from Piccadilly/Stonebow to Clifford Street/Ouse Bridge) will remain on their normal routes.
St Helen's Road will be closed during utility works from Monday 9th until Friday 20th September. Service 4 will divert via Moor Lane and Chaloner's Road in both directions. Stops on St Helen's Rd and Eason View will not be served.
Hawthorne Grove, Heworth, will be closed overnight 19:30-05:00 during carriageway resurfacing works from Monday 16th until Friday 20th September. Services 6 and 843 will divert via Eboracum Way and Heworth Green. Stops along Fourth Avenue and East Parade will not be served during these times.
Traffic signal and pedestrian crossing upgrade works will be carried out at the junction of Bishopthorpe Road and Scarcroft Road from Monday 9th September for up to four weeks. There are no bus diversions during the initial phase of works, but overnight closures will be required for resurfacing work between Monday 30th September and Saturday 9th October.
For more information on bus route diversions and cancellations, please see:
- Our York Travel twitter feed, which appears on this page;
- YorkLive.info, which shows a map of current roadworks;
- Real-time bus information screens at city centre stops (and other key locations);
- Posters at bus stops and on buses;
- Bus company websites and Twitter feeds (see below);
|East Yorkshire Motor Services||Service Information||@EYBuses|
|First||News and service updates||@FirstYork|