Bus route diversions
The exit of Wheldrake Lane onto the A19 will be closed until Sunday 28th January during highway upgrade works. Services 18 and 36 heading towards York will divert via Escrick. School buses will not need to divert.
Disruption to all traffic, including bus services, is expected during various works in January-March 2018:
- Temporary lights will be in place at the Piccadilly/Pavement junction for 4 weeks from Mon 8 Jan during utility works. Monks Cross Park & Ride will move from its temporary stop at Pavement to another temporary stop on Stonebow (beyond the mini-roundbout) during this time.
- Work to upgrade all traffic signals and pedestrian crossings at Lendal Arch Gyratory is likely to cause delays to all services from Mon 22 January for up to 9 weeks.
- Piccadilly will be closed to all southbound traffic from Monday 29 Jan for 2 weeks during utility works. A list of bus diversions will appear here in early January.
- Highway improvement works on the A19 at Germany Beck and Crockey Hill will also take place between January and March.
Please allow extra time for your journey during this period.
Stonebow stops SA, SB and SC are closed until early 2018 due to major refurbishment works at Stonebow House.
All services will use the temporary stops at the Peasholme Green end of Stonebow, between the junctions with Garden Place and Hungate.
For more information on bus route diversions and cancellations, please see:
- Our York Travel twitter feed, which appears on this page;
- YorkLive.info, which shows a map of current roadworks;
- Real-time bus information screens at city centre stops (and other key locations);
- Posters at bus stops and on buses;
- Bus company websites and Twitter feeds (see below);
|East Yorkshire Motor Services||Service Information||@EYBuses|
|First||News and service updates||@FirstYork|
|Stephenson's of Easingwold||Latest News||@stephensonbus|