Cycling community groups
York has a vibrant and welcoming cycling community offering a wide range of rides, support and volunteering opportunities.
- York Bike Belles - visit www.facebook.com/yorkbikebelles or see York Bike Belles. Easy Social Rides every month plus bike maintenance workshops, bike loans, cycle friends, #travelwithtots sessions and more! Everyone welcome.
- York Breeze Rides - visit www.letsride.co.uk/Breeze British Cycling trained Breeze Champions organise a range of free rides for women around the York area. Rides take place most weeks and explore local routes in small friendly groups.
- Clifton Cycling Club - visit www.cliftoncc.org Founded in 1895, we have Road, MTB and Junior (Go-Ride) sections. Weekend social and training rides plus our own road-racing and time-trialling events
- Cycling UK (CTC York) - visit www.cyclinguk.org/local-groups/york Founded in 1976, CTC York regularly ride out to North Yorkshire and beyond.
- Get Cycling CIC - visit www.getcycling.org.uk We are a not-for-profit community interest company promoting cycling in all its varieties: for leisure, transport, health, happiness and the environment.
- Velo Club York - visit www.veloclubyork.co.uk A long standing and highly respected British Cycling affiliated racing cycling club in York. Home of York's Tuesday and Thursday chaingangs, Saturday rivet ride and Sunday cafe ride.
- York Rouleurs - visit www.yorkrouleurs.co.uk A friendly cycling club, based in York
- Wednesday Wheelers - visit www.yorkww.org.uk We go cycling any day of the week, not just on Wednesdays!
- York Tandem Club - visit www.opencountry.org.uk Helping people with disabilities to access the countryside by tandem bike.
- York Rally - visit www.yorkrally.org An annual event, bringing York cyclists together since 1945. Grand gathering on the Knavesmire in June. Free, family-friendly and volunteer-run, with rides, racing, trade show and more!
- York Greenways - visit www.yorkgreenways.org A group of volunteers caring for the traffic free greenways in York used by walkers, runners and cyclists. We always need volunteers!
- Sustrans - visit www.sustrans.org.uk/volunteer Sustrans volunteers carry out a range of activities from looking after the National Cycle Network to leading rides and walks.