In June 2014, Askham Bar Park & Ride moved to its brand new, purpose built site.
With extra parking spaces and modern passenger facilities, York's busiest Park & Ride site is now better than ever.
- Location: South-west of York, at the A64/A1036 junction
- Postcode: YO24 1LW (click to plan a journey to the site)
- Parking spaces: 1,100
- It is not permitted to park at this site unless you use the Park & Ride bus service or cycle into the city centre.
- Overnight parking is not allowed at Park & Ride sites. Please check the site closing times before leaving your car.
- 24-hour Pay & Display parking is available for £4 per day at the nearby Moor Lane Car Park, highlighted in orange on the map above.
- Public access to the Park & Ride site is from Tadcaster Road near the A64 junction, not via the bus-only road to the rear of Tesco. The bus-only road is a single track route with no footways and is unsafe for pedestrians, cyclists and private cars.
Camper vans and coaches
10 spaces are provided for the use of larger vehicles such as camper vans and coaches. To access this parking area, take the first left turn after entering the site. If your vehicle is taller than 2.1m (6ft 10in) please stop before entering or exiting the parking area- use the push button device to ask the supervisor to open the barrier for you.
The Government's Local Campaigns Team has produced a short film featuring Askham Bar. Watch below to see just how easy Park & Ride makes the journey into the centre of York.