Fares and passes
Save time and money by purchasing a York by bus smartcard from our brand new ticket kiosks, available at every Park & Ride site.
If you use Park & Ride at least 5 times a year, buy a Smart 5-day Carnet and save 30p on every return journey. Frequent users can save much more with a Smart Weekly, Monthly or Annual ticket.
|£2.90||Bus driver||Paper ticket|
|Smart 5-day Carnet*||£13.00 (£2.60/day)||Ticket kiosk||York by bus smartcard|
|Concessionary Return†||£1.00||Bus driver||Paper ticket|
|Smart Weekly||£11.60||Ticket kiosk||York by bus smartcard|
|Smart Monthly||£46.40||Ticket kiosk||York by bus smartcard|
|Smart Annual||£464||Ticket kiosk||York by bus smartcard|
* Valid for 5 days' travel - days do not have to be consecutive. Must be redeemed within 12 months of purchase. Carnets can be purchased in bundles of 5, 10 or 20 days. Your first journey of the day must start at one of the Park & Ride sites.
- The fares shown above are valid when travelling from any Park & Ride site to the city centre and back again. First York's local network fares apply to trips starting from the city centre or any intermediate stops.
- Up to two children (aged under 16) can travel free when accompanied by a full fare-paying adult boarding at any Park & Ride site.
- Up to five people travelling together after 9am on weekdays (or any time at weekends) can buy a First Group Day ticket for £10.
- York by bus smartcards can be purchased for £2 from the smart ticket kiosks at any Park & Ride site. Once you've got your card, don't forget to load a ticket before you travel.
- If you were previously a stored-value MinsterCard user, please note that the new Day Carnet should be placed on the card reader every time you board the bus. You will only be charged for the first use each day.
The fare for concessionary pass holders boarding the bus at any Park & Ride site is £1.
This fare is not payable when boarding at any other stops, including the city centre.
†The £1 fare applies to any journey made on production of a valid English National Concessionary Travel Pass after 9am on Mondays to Fridays and at any time on Saturdays, Sundays and Bank Holidays, when boarding at Askham Bar, Designer Outlet‡, Grimston Bar, Monks Cross‡, Poppleton Bar or Rawcliffe Bar Park & Ride sites.
Prior to 9am on weekdays, the full adult fare will still apply (except for holders of a York Blind Person's pass who can benefit from the concessionary fare at any time of day).
This charge has been introduced by City of York Council in line with Government guidance and is used to help meet the operational costs of running York's high-quality Park & Ride service.
‡ If you travel by Park & Ride from the city centre to either the Designer Outlet or Monks Cross, there is no charge for the return trip providing you show the driver your zero-value ticket with your concessionary pass.