From 3 September, fares for All York multi-operator bus tickets will change- with many being reduced.
Following a full review of prices, which have not altered since Autumn 2018, fare changes will come into effect from Sunday.
These changes will help passengers travel flexibly and sustainably on multiple services, often without paying any more than they would have done to travel with a single operator, on any journey which starts and ends within the City of York boundary.
Although the prices of All York weekly and monthly tickets will see below-inflation increases (to £19.50 and £70 respectively), the cost of an All York Adult Day ticket will reduce by 10p to £4.80.
Further savings can be made by purchasing multi-day tickets on a York by bus smartcard, with the cost of purchasing a bundle of 20-day tickets set to fall by £10.60 to £71.40 – equivalent to just £3.57 per day.
These fare reductions are being delivered by the Enhanced Bus Partnership and aim to help reduce the pressure on those affected by the current cost-of-living crisis.
Visit our All York page for details of the full range of All York tickets.
All York smart tickets (weekly, monthly and multi-day) can be purchased from our smart ticket kiosks at the main city centre bus stops and all Park & Ride sites, as well as at the Visit York Visitor Information Centre on Parliament Street.
Paper tickets can be purchased on board any local bus within the City of York boundary.
Blank ‘York by Bus’ smartcards, which can be loaded with All York, First and Transdev smart tickets at any of the above locations, can be ordered free of charge (normal price £2) at www.itravelyork.info/smart
Summary of fare changes:
- The All York Day ticket will reduce by 10p from £4.90 to £4.80
- The All York Family Day ticket will reduce by £1.40 from £11 to £9.60 (the current £5.50 discounted summer fare remains in effect until the end of the day on Sun 3 Sep)
- The All York Young Person’s Day ticket will increase by 20p from £2.30 to £2.50 – but will now be valid for travel at any time of day.
- The paper All York Weekly ticket will increase by 50p from £19 to £19.50
- The smart All York Weekly ticket will increase by £1.50 from £18 to £19.50
- The smart All York Monthly ticket will increase by £4 from £66 to £70
- 2x multi-day tickets will increase by 20p from £8.20 to £8.40
- 5x multi-day tickets will reduce by 30p from £20.50 to £20.20
- 10x multi-day tickets will reduce by £3.20 from £41 to £37.80
- 20x multi-day tickets will reduce by £10.60 from £82 to £71.40