Scarborough Bridge - Upgrade and Closures
The Scarborough Bridge Upgrade project consists of building a new, wider bridge across the River Ouse near to the centre of York, adjacent to the existing Scarborough-line railway bridge.
The Upgrade includes:
- Widening of the bridge deck from 1.3 meters to 3.6 meters.
- A ramp linking the southern approach directly to the Station.
- Ramps on the Northern approach to allow easier cycle use and provide accessibility for people using buggies, scooters and wheelchairs.
- Stair access will also remain available.
See York: Scarborough Bridge for more information.
- 21st January 10:00pm - 22nd January 05:30am
- 22nd January 10:00pm - 23rd January 05:30am
Scarborough Bridge will be closed to the public from 09:30pm on the 26th of January until 18th March.