Roadworks and road closures
Before you travel check whether your route is affected by roadworks or temporary traffic restrictions (road closures) to stay ahead of potential congestion in York.
Please expect delays in the city centre from January until April 2019 due to works on Stonebow, Fossgate and Walmgate. City of York Council has coordinated work on the road network to limit the disruption.
- Find out more about the works at Stonebow and Fossgate.
- See which bus routes will be diverted during the works.
- Check whether your route is affected at roadworks.org and the Google traffic map;
- Consider an alternative route or allow more time for your journey;
- Know all your options- in many cases you'll be better off leaving the car at home or using one of our Park & Ride sites;
- Get live updates on twitter from @york_travel.
Holly Bank Road will be closed from Mon 25th Feb for up to 8 weeks. Cyclists and other road users can reach Hob Moor Drive and Holly Bank Grove via Collingwood Avenue or Harlow Road.
For all road closure information in the York area please see Temporary Traffic Restrictions on the City of York Council website. This includes details on restrictions in place for road surfacing and utility works as well as temporary traffic restrictions for special events and parades in the city.
For national roadworks information please visit roadworks.org