Travel2Campus is a partnership between i-Travel York, Askham Bryan College, York College, York St John University and the University of York. The aim is to support students and staff in making healthier, cheaper and more enjoyable travel choices… to campus and beyond!
Past activities include:
- Fun social events, including free guided bike rides and walks
- Free bike loans and bike try- outs
- Free bike maintenance workshops and cycle training
- Travel advice, maps and journey planning
- Guidance on safe travel
- Volunteering and training opportunities
- Dot Peen sessions on campus – police security marking for students i.e. bikes, laptops, mobiles etc.
- Travel2Campus / i-Travel York stalls at Freshers’ Fairs (September 2017) – dates tbc.
- Discounted cycle lock promotions
- ‘Light up be Seen’ campaign – a project across all four institutions to raise awareness around cyclist safety (Autumn 2017).
If you are a FE or HE student in York and have any queries relating to travel or transport in York you can:
- Look at the menu above on the i-Travel York website – choose which area you want to know more about.
- Look at the i-Travel York journey planner for directions via bus, in the car, on foot or by bike.
If you are interested in getting involved with the Travel2Campus project, have any queries or have some ideas for future activities at your university / college, please do contact us.
For specific travel and transport details about one of the universities and colleges in York, please use the links at the bottom right of this page.