Christmas Park & Ride services
Reign over retail with our special Park & Ride services this Christmas.
If you're planning to visit York in the run up to Christmas, Park & Ride offers a fast, affordable and hassle-free way to get into the city centre.
Park & Ride services will be operating later than usual from Thursday 15th November until Christmas. On all six routes, extra Thursday evening buses will operate every 15 minutes, and extra Friday evening buses every 30-40 minutes.
Departure times for the last buses from the city centre are shown below (extended hours in bold):
|2 (Green Line)
|3 (White Line)
|7 (Red Line)
|8 (Yellow Line)
|9 (Silver Line)
|59 (Turquoise Line)
All Park & Ride services will operate as follows during Christmas week:
- Christmas Eve (Mon 24 December) - Last buses at 18:00
- Christmas Day (Tue 25 December) - No service
- Boxing Day (Wed 26 December) - Three Park & Ride services will operate on Boxing Day, running every 15 minutes and serving all bus stops:
- Askham Bar (service 3) - First bus at 08:30 from the site, last bus back from Tower Street at 18:00
- Designer Outlet (service 7) - First bus at 08:30 from the site, last bus back from Clifford Street at 18:27
- Monks Cross (service 9) - First bus at 08:30 from the site, last bus back from Rougier Street at 18:00
- Thu 27 to Sun 30 December - Normal Park & Ride service
- New Year's Eve (Mon 31 December) - Last bus at 18:00
- New Year's Day (Tue 1 January) - No service
- From Wed 2 January 2019 - Normal Park & Ride service
For more information about Park & Ride sites and routes, including interactive maps and live departure times, visit the Park & Ride section of our site.