Benefits of cycling
Whether you're starting to cycle for the first time, getting back in the saddle after a number of years away, or already cycle but would just like to cycle more, you'll enjoy lots of benefits by choosing cycling for some of your everyday trips:
- It’s a fast, cheap and stress-free way of getting from A to B
- It’s the perfect way to fit more activity into your daily routine – cheaper and much more fun than driving to work or going to the gym
- It’s a great way to spend time with family and friends or to meet new people
- It increases your life span – on average, cyclists live two years longer than non-cyclists
- It gives you a natural healthy glow and the endorphins make you feel great
- It allows you to enjoy those little pleasures guilt free – a 20-minute bike ride burns off the same number of calories as in a cappuccino, a bar of chocolate or a 175ml glass of wine!
See also our Top Tips for getting back into cycling.