How to get to Askham Bar vaccination site
Please go to the reception area at the NEW Park & Ride site at Askham Bar (YO24 1LW) and follow the direction signs once you get close to the destination. If using a sat nav or phone please note that the new park and ride site has the same postcode as Moor Lane car park (the old park and ride site), so it is important to follow the signposts.
When you reach the site, wardens will be present to greet and direct you to the section of the car park being used as the reception area for the vaccination centre.
Please also note that the Askham Bar park and ride site is still in use as a park and ride terminal – be aware of buses and other users of the site.
Toilets are available at the reception area.
On foot or by bike:
Go directly to the vaccination site at Moor Lane car park (YO24 1LW). This can be accessed by foot or bike (there is some parking for cycles). Moor Lane car park is reached from the Tesco’s/ Moor Lane roundabout on Tadcaster Road.
(there is a frequent bus service from the city centre between 06:00 and 19:45 Monday to Saturday; 09:30 and 18:00 on Sundays. There are some bus services into the evening but these are more limited/ less frequent)
- Service 3: York City Centre to Askham Bar Park & Ride. Operated by First Group. Runs 7 days per week, up to every 15 minutes. First buses approx 06:00 (Mon-Sat)/09:30 (Sun). Last buses approx 19:45 (Mon-Sat)/18:00 (Sun). Calls at Moor Lane Car Park stop near Tesco’s.
- Service 12: Monks Cross – York – Foxwood Lane. Operated by First Group. Runs Mon-Sat, up to every 35 minutes. First buses approx 07:00. Last buses approx 21:30. Calls at Askham Bar Tesco stop.
- Service 13: Haxby – York – Copmanthorpe. Operated by Harrogate Coach Travel/ Connexions. Runs Mon-Sat, up to every 30 minutes. First buses approx 07:30. Last buses approx 17:30. Calls at Askham Bar Tesco stop.
- Service 21: Colton – Acaster Malbis – York. Operated by York Pullman. Runs Mon-Sat, up to every 2 hours. First buses approx 08:30. Last buses approx 18:30. Calls at Askham Bar Tesco stop.
- Coastliner: Leeds – Tadcaster - York – Malton – East Coast. Operated by Transdev. Runs 7 days per week, up to every hour. First buses approx 07:30. Last buses approx 21:00. Calls at Old Moor Lane and York College stops.
- Cityzap: Leeds – York express. Operated by Transdev. Runs Mon-Fri, up to every hour. Calls at York College stop. First buses approx 07:00. Last buses approx 18:00 Note: Cityzap and Coastliner form a combined half-hourly service between York and Leeds during weekday daytimes.
See www.itravelyork.info/buses for links to all bus timetables.
Go directly to Moor Lane car park – access from the Tesco/ Moor Lane roundabout on Tadcaster Road.
By York Wheels:
Go directly to Moor Lane car park – access from the Tesco/ Moor Lane roundabout on Tadcaster Road. You will then be asked how you have booked your appointment and shown the correct area to park in.
For visitors who require a wheelchair:
There are 25 wheelchairs on site should people be unable to walk the distance to the relevant vaccination area.