York Winter Challenge
I-Travel York’s Winter Challenge has been encouraging everyone who works in York to stay active and healthy by walking or cycling more.
Businesses and organisations of all sizes have been competing against one another in a challenge to see who can log the most employee journeys made on foot or by bike.
Using a free bespoke smartphone app, called BetterPoints, journeys can be tracked automatically and points are earned for active travel. These points can then be redeemed for high street rewards or donated to charity.
You can now continue to log your journeys on the BetterPoints app until the end of April, and earn points and rewards, so don't forget to keep walking and cycling!
Find out more about:
- Using BetterPoints, Inviting a friend to join and Earning medals.
- Challenge Prize Winners and Nominated charities
- Discounted Urban Cycle Skills training sessions
- Becoming an Active Travel champion to encourage friends and colleagues to walk and cycle more
- Hosting an Active Travel event or Bike Roadshow at your workplace
- Challenge e-news.
Ride to Work Week
Were you inspired by our Winter Challenge to take part in Love to Ride's national Ride to Work Week (13-19 March) too? Find out details of all the challenge results and local prize winners at Love to Ride.