Challenge prizes and charities
There are fantastic prizes to be won for individual participants throughout the York Winter Challenge including:
- A top prize of a fabulous iPad Mini for the most active journeys logged overall
- Restaurant vouchers for top eateries Jamie's Italian and The Blue Bicycle
- A £50 Designer Outlet shopping voucher
- Wine Tours and Tasting at Yorkshire Heart
- Plus cinema tickets, afternoon tea and more
We have weekly spot prize draws as part of the challenge too - so anytime in February is a good time to join in the fun!
Don't forget you can also earn a whole host of virtual medals too for your achievements in the challenge! See How to earn medals for more information.
Businesses are competing to win in categories according to the size of their organisation (micro, small, medium and large) and winning organisations will be offered a fantastic donation of £100 to the charity of their choice.
You can choose to donate all the BetterPoints you have earned through the challenge to a national charity or to a local nominated charity.
For the York Winter Challenge we are supporting the four Lord Mayor of York charities for this year which are St Nicks Trust, York Civic Trust, York LGBT forum, and York Racial Equality Network, as well as York Against Cancer which came top in our social media poll to find York's favourite local charity to support.