York Winter Challenge
I-Travel York’s Winter Challenge has been encouraging everyone who works in York to stay active and healthy by walking or cycling more.
Businesses and organisations of all sizes have been competing against one another in a challenge to see who can log the most employee journeys made on foot or by bike.
Using a free bespoke smartphone app, called BetterPoints, journeys can be tracked automatically and points are earned for active travel. These points can then be redeemed for high street rewards or donated to charity.
You can continue to log your journeys on the BetterPoints app until the end of March, and earn points and rewards, so don't forget to keep walking and cycling! Why not Sign up today and start earning rewards?
Find out more about:
- How to sign up and use BetterPoints, Invite a friend to join and Earn medals.
- Challenge Prize Winners as they are announced, Prizes and Nominated charities
- Discounted Urban Cycle Skills training sessions
- Becoming an Active Travel champion to encourage friends and colleagues to walk and cycle more
- Hosting an Active Travel event or Bike Roadshow at your workplace
- Challenge e-news.
Ride to Work Week
Have you been inspired by our Winter Challenge to walk and cycle more? Why not sign up to Love to Ride's national Ride to Work Week this March for the chance to win even more amazing prizes including a holiday and a brand new bike. You can earn BetterPoints for every cycling journey you log for Ride to Work Week too so keep those points rolling in!