York Winter Challenge
I-Travel York’s Winter Challenge aims to encourage everyone who works in York to stay active and healthy this winter by walking or cycling more.
Throughout the month of February, businesses and organisations of all sizes will compete against one another in a challenge to see who can log the most employee journeys made on foot or by bike.
Sign up to the challenge is easy via a free bespoke smartphone app; it can even track your journeys for you automatically. You earn points for active travel which you can then redeem for high street rewards or donate to charity.
As well as helping your workplace to climb the Challenge leaderboard, by taking part you will also be in with a chance of winning some fantastic prizes.
We have weekly spot prize draws too as part of the challenge meaning that anytime in February is a good time to join in!
So, don’t worry if you’ve already failed to keep your New Year’s Resolution, start afresh, sign up today and join us for the #yorkwinterchallenge
Find out more on these pages about:
- How to sign up to BetterPoints, how to use the app and how to use the Betterpoints website
- Our FREE Bike Loans offer for participants
- Discounted Urban Cycle Skills training sessions
- Becoming an Active Travel champion to encourage friends and colleagues to join in the fun
- Hosting an Active Travel event or Bike Roadshow at your workplace
- Prizes to be won and nominated charities
- Invite a friend to join
- How to earn medals
- Winter Challenge e-news.